Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail Failure after Installing 11.6.1

I've used Apple mail for years. But it stopped working after installing macOS 11.6.1 late this am. I've restarted the App, restarted my iMac,...nothing.

Any ideas?

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 7:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 1:55 PM

As near as I can tell, the problem was entirely mine - not anything to do with Apple Mail. It was just a coincidence that the 'issue' appeared when GMail implemented two-factor authentication and I upgraded to 11.6.1 at about the same time. Now that I've completed all the authentication steps, Apple Mail is working fine.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2021 1:55 PM in response to karina184

As near as I can tell, the problem was entirely mine - not anything to do with Apple Mail. It was just a coincidence that the 'issue' appeared when GMail implemented two-factor authentication and I upgraded to 11.6.1 at about the same time. Now that I've completed all the authentication steps, Apple Mail is working fine.

Oct 26, 2021 1:31 PM in response to BPBear544

Hello BPBear544,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with the Mail app after updating your macOS. If you're unable to send or receive mail, check out the steps listed here: If you can’t send or receive email on your Mac

If those steps don't work, try the steps here as well: Troubleshoot email problems in Mail on Mac

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Apple Mail Failure after Installing 11.6.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.