Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad will not connect to my iPhone hotspot

I’ve followed all the instructions available on the Apple support pages, hard reset both devices, re-named my iPhone - done everything. Yes, hotspots are enabled on my iPhone data contract.

My iPad insists on connecting to my wife’s iPhone (which is an identical model on the same data contract) and won’t even show my iPhone as available.

What am I missing?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 21, 2021 1:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2021 2:24 PM

Is the iPad logged in with your Apple ID (not your wife's)? Ensure that it is.

On your iPhone, open Settings ➔ Cellular ➔ Personal Hotspot : Set this to ON (Allow others to Join).

If the above settings is already setup correctly and your iPad still does not connect to the hotspot of your iPhone, then contact your carrier and ask whether the hotspot feature on YOUR iPhone (SIM) is fully active and internet is accessible.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2021 2:24 PM in response to Grumpiest

Is the iPad logged in with your Apple ID (not your wife's)? Ensure that it is.

On your iPhone, open Settings ➔ Cellular ➔ Personal Hotspot : Set this to ON (Allow others to Join).

If the above settings is already setup correctly and your iPad still does not connect to the hotspot of your iPhone, then contact your carrier and ask whether the hotspot feature on YOUR iPhone (SIM) is fully active and internet is accessible.

Axel F.

My iPad will not connect to my iPhone hotspot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.