Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove an old phone number associated with Apple ID

I recently changed my phone number (same mobile carrier). For some reason the old number is still associated with my Apple ID. When I go to Settings, select my name at the top, select "Name, Phone Numbers, Email", my old number is listed with my new number and email. When I select "Edit", it doesn't allow my to remove the old number. It only shows (i) next to it. It tells me to sign out of iMessage and Facetime. I signed out of both, then signed back in, but the old number wasn't removed. I then changed my Apple ID password, but Apple ID still shows my old number along with my new number. I don 't know what else to do. How can I remove the old phone number from Apple ID?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 21, 2021 3:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2021 6:27 PM

Sign out of Messages/FaceTime and don't sign back in. See if you can remove the number. Allow 24 hours for the change to sync. Then you can sign into Messages/FaceTime.

1 reply

How to remove an old phone number associated with Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.