Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Startup chime

The chime does not work when I startup. I am currently using Big Sur v11.5.2.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 21, 2021 5:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2021 9:17 PM

ksuarch Said:

"Startup chime: The chime does not work when I startup. I am currently using Big Sur v11.5.2."

-------

Reinstall the macOS:

The macOS may be misconfigured somehow. So, reinstall the macOS.

Nothing would be deleted. It's just that items that have become corrupted or deleted, would be replaced or reinstalled back to where they should be. Go Here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support.

Important: Be certain to create a backup of your Mac prior to all of this. That way, you can have something to restore from the Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall. Once reinstalled, see if all is complete.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2021 9:17 PM in response to ksuarch

ksuarch Said:

"Startup chime: The chime does not work when I startup. I am currently using Big Sur v11.5.2."

-------

Reinstall the macOS:

The macOS may be misconfigured somehow. So, reinstall the macOS.

Nothing would be deleted. It's just that items that have become corrupted or deleted, would be replaced or reinstalled back to where they should be. Go Here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support.

Important: Be certain to create a backup of your Mac prior to all of this. That way, you can have something to restore from the Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall. Once reinstalled, see if all is complete.

Startup chime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.