Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to get past configuration profile security

My school installed a few configuration profiles on my macbook and it is blocking me from downloading apps from a website. They are horror games. How do I get past it?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 21, 2021 7:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2021 2:21 AM

The moment the computer was enrolled into a Mobile Digital Managements ( MDM ) you not longer have complete control of the computer. There is not way around this.

They now control the computer, what can be installed, what can not be installed, what can be removed and what can not be removed.

The only option at this point is to speak to the Schools IT Department and plead your case.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2021 2:21 AM in response to tom_101

The moment the computer was enrolled into a Mobile Digital Managements ( MDM ) you not longer have complete control of the computer. There is not way around this.

They now control the computer, what can be installed, what can not be installed, what can be removed and what can not be removed.

The only option at this point is to speak to the Schools IT Department and plead your case.

how to get past configuration profile security

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.