Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove OS & Reinstall

How can you remove OS on an ipad and reinstall it yourself? I was told before that I had to go into an Apple store. If I can do it myself, then that would be preferred.

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Aug 22, 2021 12:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2021 1:02 PM

You can do this by yourself. Read below and see whether you are comfortable about doing it.

If you are planning to wipe out all of the data on your iPad and reinstall iPadOS then follow the instructions in this guide published by Apple ➔ How to Restore your iPad to Factory Settings and reinstall iPadOS. If you do not want to lose all the data on your iPad then you can first create a backup of your iPad and then proceed with the Restore. After the iPad has been returned to factory settings and iPadOS has been successfully installed then you can restore the backup data file back to the iPad. The instructions to do this is also in the link mentioned above.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2021 1:02 PM in response to ImaniSmilez

You can do this by yourself. Read below and see whether you are comfortable about doing it.

If you are planning to wipe out all of the data on your iPad and reinstall iPadOS then follow the instructions in this guide published by Apple ➔ How to Restore your iPad to Factory Settings and reinstall iPadOS. If you do not want to lose all the data on your iPad then you can first create a backup of your iPad and then proceed with the Restore. After the iPad has been returned to factory settings and iPadOS has been successfully installed then you can restore the backup data file back to the iPad. The instructions to do this is also in the link mentioned above.

Axel F.

Remove OS & Reinstall

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.