Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notifications from Unknown Senders

This isn’t true. Even when you filter messages from known and unknown, I still ger notifications from unknown senders. That includes spam, and lewd and crude messages. It’s not only potentially dangerous to my phone, but also just down right annoying.

Their statement either needs to be removed or the phone needs to do what they say it can. I have been downright harassed by spam texts for the last 2 weeks (block numbers but they come from different numbers each time) and the only option they suggest is changing my number. It’s really laughable!!

iPhone 11

Posted on Aug 22, 2021 3:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2021 3:03 PM

1. You are addressing only other users on this user to user only forum. Apple isn't here.
  2. Messages don't come from Apple or Apple Servers. They come via cellular communications, as SMS/MMS messages
  3. If you have an issue with unwanted messages, complain to your cellular provider who is the responsible party for delivering messages to you

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2021 3:03 PM in response to MoReRe

1. You are addressing only other users on this user to user only forum. Apple isn't here.
  2. Messages don't come from Apple or Apple Servers. They come via cellular communications, as SMS/MMS messages
  3. If you have an issue with unwanted messages, complain to your cellular provider who is the responsible party for delivering messages to you

Notifications from Unknown Senders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.