Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to install a profile on my apple tv

Posted on Aug 22, 2021 7:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 5:08 AM

Apple TV is intended to connect to a home network, that only requires a Wi-Fi password. Networks with user identification (captive network portal: username + password) are not supported. An exception is possible using a device profile, where username + password are pre-programmed into the device settings. This is a semi-permanent solution intended for enterprise and educational uses, as any changes require a new profile. To install such a profile, using the Configurator Mac app.

For travelers that encounter captive network portals, it is far better to ask the network administrator for assistance, and/or use your own travel router (if permitted) in between the guesthouse network and your own devices.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2021 5:08 AM in response to Camillz7

Apple TV is intended to connect to a home network, that only requires a Wi-Fi password. Networks with user identification (captive network portal: username + password) are not supported. An exception is possible using a device profile, where username + password are pre-programmed into the device settings. This is a semi-permanent solution intended for enterprise and educational uses, as any changes require a new profile. To install such a profile, using the Configurator Mac app.

For travelers that encounter captive network portals, it is far better to ask the network administrator for assistance, and/or use your own travel router (if permitted) in between the guesthouse network and your own devices.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.