Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cutting video

I was cuttung a video and instead of saving it as a new video I made cut the original , is it possible to return that full vifeo?

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 22, 2021 10:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 3:33 AM

If you are using the native Photos app, edits are non-destructive and videos, as well as photos, can be reverted to the original, including the video's length. Open the trimmed video, tap Edit. Tap Revert.

Tap Revert to Original.

Note that reverting to the original won't restore the length of videos saved as a new clip.

Also worth knowing is that deleted videos, as well as photos, remain in your Recently Deleted folder for 30 days. After that they are permanently deleted.

How to edit videos on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac

Edit photos and videos on iPhone

If you're missing photos or videos in the Photos app

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2021 3:33 AM in response to Umidgvar

If you are using the native Photos app, edits are non-destructive and videos, as well as photos, can be reverted to the original, including the video's length. Open the trimmed video, tap Edit. Tap Revert.

Tap Revert to Original.

Note that reverting to the original won't restore the length of videos saved as a new clip.

Also worth knowing is that deleted videos, as well as photos, remain in your Recently Deleted folder for 30 days. After that they are permanently deleted.

How to edit videos on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac

Edit photos and videos on iPhone

If you're missing photos or videos in the Photos app

Aug 22, 2021 10:58 PM in response to Umidgvar

Umidgvar Said:

"Cutting video: I was cuttung a video and instead of saving it as a new video I made cut the original , is it possible to return that full vifeo?"

-------

Did you Back Up your iPhone?:

If you did not save it, and did not backup you iPhone, then it is gone. But, if you have this on a backup, then see if you can restore it from it. Go Here: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a Backup - Apple Support. Be certain you create a backup of your iPhone prior to this restoration, that way you can have something to restore your iPhone from, should anything go wrong with the restoration.

Cutting video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.