Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Horizontal/Vertical/parallel lines on screen

I had my phone sitting unused for a couple hrs then when picked up to use it had these small black horizontal lines on it and was flickering. I couldn’t use the screen properly so turned it off and when turned on an hr later it was fine, till I went to play a game on my phone and out of nowhere these big white and purple vertical lines popped up on my screen and around the edges and is really bad when I have a dark background. It also gets brighter as I’m using it. I have also noticed when I have a white background that it has very faint grey parallel lines on it. I have been told it is a software issue but what annoys me is I haven’t dropped it nor got water on it and it happened out of nowhere, but also my warranty is out. I will be looking at the consumers act as I believe this is not something that should happen to a $1500 phone in a matter of a year and a half. Has anyone else had this issue and what did you do to fix it?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 12:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 1:56 AM

It is almost certainly a hardware failure.

You should arrange a service or repair

https://support.apple.com/iphone/repair/service

Anything other than Screen or Battery may be a replacement phone and the price is in the article.

Also check out iPhone warranty terms and consumer laws for your country. The default warranty is 12 months.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2021 1:56 AM in response to cazia224

It is almost certainly a hardware failure.

You should arrange a service or repair

https://support.apple.com/iphone/repair/service

Anything other than Screen or Battery may be a replacement phone and the price is in the article.

Also check out iPhone warranty terms and consumer laws for your country. The default warranty is 12 months.

Sep 6, 2021 8:04 AM in response to LD150

Yes after contacting apple 3 times with no resolution or clear information on what will happen and that didn’t cost me $1,300 of held money on the risk of my phone didn’t get to them within 10 days of them sending me one which not one single person at apple knew whether it was a loan phone apple was sending me or a replacement and in the term and conditions it said it was both a loan phone and a replacement phone 🙄🤦‍♀️ I in the end rung an apple service store and they were very helpful they have my phone and are replacing the screen and I don’t have to have any money held or pay for anything and as it is of no fault of my own and a hardware issue and it’s covered by our consumers law. Hopefully get my phone back all fixed up soon 🤞thanks for answering my question🙂

Horizontal/Vertical/parallel lines on screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.