Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos viewed from Mac on Apple TV don't show all relevant folders

I wish to view my photos on Apple TV in the folders I have created on Mac HD, separating each event in it's own folder, and then placed in the relevant year. But all I see is the main folder under Albums, showing all the images jumbled together. Is there any way to be able to view the folders as created on my iMac?

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 3:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2021 5:39 AM

Will I have to restart the Mac and Apple TV every time?

You do not need to restart the Apple TV.

You do not need to restart the Mac. You may need to turn photo sharing off and on, which will refresh/update the Apple TV Photo Cache folder indexing of items to share.

6 replies

Aug 23, 2021 8:11 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Using Big Sur 11.5.2 and tvOS 14.7

I'm viewing through Home Sharing (Computers app) and the images look fine, but where I'm saving my photos on my Mac HD with a separate folder for each event, then all those events in that year, then grouping the years in decades, when I view through Apple TV it just has the decades folder and all the years and events are just thrown together.

I would just like to replicate the folder system I use on my Mac.

Photos viewed from Mac on Apple TV don't show all relevant folders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.