Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will restoring my iPhone cause deleting my icloud data? I don't wanna lose the photos and the other things I have but my phone is forced me to restore it!

Will restoring my iPhone cause deleting my icloud data? I don't wanna lose the photos and the other things I have but my phone is forced me to restore it!

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 4:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2021 6:04 AM

Hello HebaSaleh,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, you'd like to know if restoring your iPhone will cause iCloud data loss.

If you restore the iPhone to factory settings, it will remove all iCloud data (unless you have Find My enabled). However, you can sign back in to iCloud during the set up process to restore what you can from iCloud.

You can also sign in to the iCloud website, to see what information has been synced there in the past: Sign in to iCloud

Hoping this helps out, take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2021 6:04 AM in response to HebaSaleh

Hello HebaSaleh,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, you'd like to know if restoring your iPhone will cause iCloud data loss.

If you restore the iPhone to factory settings, it will remove all iCloud data (unless you have Find My enabled). However, you can sign back in to iCloud during the set up process to restore what you can from iCloud.

You can also sign in to the iCloud website, to see what information has been synced there in the past: Sign in to iCloud

Hoping this helps out, take care.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.