Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I remove Safari and other web browser from my child's phone?

I am looking into options for my middle schooler. I do not want her to have access to a web browser. According to Support articles, I can hid the apps from the Home Screen, but not remove them. Is that accurate?

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 8:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 11:00 AM

No, you can’t delete it. But if you disable it using parental controls your child will not be able to see it or add it back.

4 replies

Aug 23, 2021 11:02 AM in response to Dory Hack

Dory Hack wrote:

Thank you - my question is I want to remove (delete) the app - not just hide it from the home screen. My kiddo is smart enough to figure out how to find an app even if it's not on the home screen. I don't see that level of specificity in the article.

Unless your kid gets the restriction passcode, they can't add it back.

If you're that concerned about your child accessing the internet from a device that's designed to do just that, I'd give some serious thought to buying a basic flip phone. They will still be able to make calls and text people but their ability to access inforrmation online will be much more limited.

can I remove Safari and other web browser from my child's phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.