Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I get an album in photos to show for screen saver

I want to use a specific photo album as a screensaver. It does not show up as available in Photos from the in the preferences. How can I load it to use as a screensaver?

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 9:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 10:13 AM

In the System Preferences Desktop & Screensaver we can only use albums from our System Photos Library. Only one of your Photos Libraries can be enabled as the System Photos Library and will be available in the Media Browser. You can check, it the library you are currently using in Photos is your System Photos Library. Lauch Photos, then go the Photos > Preferences > General. If the item "Use as System Photos Library " is dimmed, your Library is already the System Photos Library. If it is not dimmed, click it to make the Library your System Photos Library, then restart Photos and the System Preferences, and try again to set the album for the screensaver in the System Preferences > Desktop & Screensaver.

• In the left pane select a slideshow screensaver, for example Classic.
  • In the lot pane select Photos Library and wait. This can take several minutes, before the albums in your System Photos Library will appear.
  • Select the album you want to use.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2021 10:13 AM in response to susiesan

In the System Preferences Desktop & Screensaver we can only use albums from our System Photos Library. Only one of your Photos Libraries can be enabled as the System Photos Library and will be available in the Media Browser. You can check, it the library you are currently using in Photos is your System Photos Library. Lauch Photos, then go the Photos > Preferences > General. If the item "Use as System Photos Library " is dimmed, your Library is already the System Photos Library. If it is not dimmed, click it to make the Library your System Photos Library, then restart Photos and the System Preferences, and try again to set the album for the screensaver in the System Preferences > Desktop & Screensaver.

• In the left pane select a slideshow screensaver, for example Classic.
  • In the lot pane select Photos Library and wait. This can take several minutes, before the albums in your System Photos Library will appear.
  • Select the album you want to use.

how do I get an album in photos to show for screen saver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.