Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Green point on my screen

Hello iPhone

when i take night photos or videos it’s a green point on screen, photos or videos so it ruins night shots

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 3:14 PM

This is a form of lens flare and is a reflection off the sensor and also normal. Before you take a night photo, the green dot is there on the screen before you take the photo. Simply angle the camera differently relative to the scene you are taking a photo of and you can eliminate the artifact.

Look at the two photos I took personally. One with multiple green artifacts. One without any. I didn't change my location. I changed the angle of the camera a little and the artifacts were gone.

Picture with artifacts:

Changing the angle completely removed the artificats:

There is nothing wrong with your phone's camera. And with a little effort and practice you can take photos without the artifacts yourself.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2021 3:14 PM in response to Murado

This is a form of lens flare and is a reflection off the sensor and also normal. Before you take a night photo, the green dot is there on the screen before you take the photo. Simply angle the camera differently relative to the scene you are taking a photo of and you can eliminate the artifact.

Look at the two photos I took personally. One with multiple green artifacts. One without any. I didn't change my location. I changed the angle of the camera a little and the artifacts were gone.

Picture with artifacts:

Changing the angle completely removed the artificats:

There is nothing wrong with your phone's camera. And with a little effort and practice you can take photos without the artifacts yourself.

Green point on my screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.