Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't add new devices with HomeKit

So I have a few smart devices that can be added with homekit like apple TV and my homepod mini, they've just worked fine but when I have to add another device like Aqara hub and Tado v3 AC smart controller I'm having troubles. Both are completely new (just purchased to keep building my smart home).

The first message is: "Connecting to accessory. This may take a few minutes".

Then, without success, the second message displayed is: "Unable to Add Accessory. Home couldn't connect to this accessory."

I can't figure out what's happening. I have all my devices connected to my 2.4 ghz wifi network and I also have some other smart devices (not compatible with homekit) working well.

I've just also followed all this instructions: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204893

Do you know what's happening?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 7:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 6:10 PM

Can't edit my post so here's the final update with solutions:

For the Aqara Hub I changed the Wifi 2.4 name and password only with words and numbers (not "·$%&)=/" or whatever). Then it worked perfectly as the hub finally could connect to the wifi.

For the Tado AC Smart Controller the device didn't work well. I returned it, got a new one and worked fine.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2021 6:10 PM in response to Santijuarros

Can't edit my post so here's the final update with solutions:

For the Aqara Hub I changed the Wifi 2.4 name and password only with words and numbers (not "·$%&)=/" or whatever). Then it worked perfectly as the hub finally could connect to the wifi.

For the Tado AC Smart Controller the device didn't work well. I returned it, got a new one and worked fine.

Can't add new devices with HomeKit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.