Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I reset my computer to computer settings

I am trying to install the macOS Big Sur to my laptop and it keeps freezing in the middle and I don’t know how to fix that. I am trying to reset the computer to factory settings

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 8:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 8:40 PM

softballgirl544 Said:

"How do I reset my computer to computer settings: I am trying to install the macOS Big Sur to my laptop and it keeps freezing in the middle and I don’t know how to fix that. I am trying to reset the computer to factory settings"

-------

Use a USB Bootable Installer:

There is a connection error between your Mac and Apple's servers. Try installing this from a USB Bootable Installer, instead. See if that makes this go through. Go Here: How to Create a Bootable Installer for macOS - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2021 8:40 PM in response to softballgirl544

softballgirl544 Said:

"How do I reset my computer to computer settings: I am trying to install the macOS Big Sur to my laptop and it keeps freezing in the middle and I don’t know how to fix that. I am trying to reset the computer to factory settings"

-------

Use a USB Bootable Installer:

There is a connection error between your Mac and Apple's servers. Try installing this from a USB Bootable Installer, instead. See if that makes this go through. Go Here: How to Create a Bootable Installer for macOS - Apple Support

How do I reset my computer to computer settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.