My MacOS Monterey is super slow

My MacOS is super slow. How can I reset it to factory default? Can’t find Erase or Reset under System Preference.

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 2:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2023 4:45 AM

ac7062 wrote:

My MacOS is super slow. How can I reset it to factory default? Can’t find Erase or Reset under System Preference.

This article from Apple may provided the needed information

Erase your Mac and reset it to factory settings - Apple Support (CA)

Special Notation from that link

Excerpt from above link

" Use Erase All Content and Settings

This feature requires macOS Monterey or later and a Mac with Apple silicon or the Apple T2 Security Chip. "

If this computer is not one of the above Specific Computers >> That features is not available for that computers

Then this other Apple Support Document can be used to Rest to Factory Setting

What to do before you sell, give away, trade in, or recycle your Mac - Apple Support (CA)

Although you may what to keep the computer - the above will achieve the desired results

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2023 4:45 AM in response to ac7062

ac7062 wrote:

This article from Apple may provided the needed information

Erase your Mac and reset it to factory settings - Apple Support (CA)

Special Notation from that link

Excerpt from above link

" Use Erase All Content and Settings

This feature requires macOS Monterey or later and a Mac with Apple silicon or the Apple T2 Security Chip. "

If this computer is not one of the above Specific Computers >> That features is not available for that computers

Then this other Apple Support Document can be used to Rest to Factory Setting

What to do before you sell, give away, trade in, or recycle your Mac - Apple Support (CA)

Although you may what to keep the computer - the above will achieve the desired results

My MacOS Monterey is super slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.