Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recommendation for a new Macbook Pro

I need to buy a Macbook Pro for my daughter, she is first year engineering - electrical mechanical program, what is the best Macbook Pro specs optimum solution, that fits her possible application and usage?

Posted on Aug 24, 2021 2:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2021 3:51 AM

For big projects, I would recommend getting 1TB just in case. And yes, there probably will be programs that run on Windows so it would be a good idea to either get a VM like Parallels or wait until maybe Apple will release a new version of Bootcamp.

7 replies

Aug 24, 2021 2:18 AM in response to Gooka

Gooka Said:

"Recommendation for a new Macbook Pro: I need to buy a Macbook Pro for my daughter, she is first year engineering - electrical mechanical program, what is the best Macbook Pro specs optimum solution, that fits her possible application and usage?"

-------

What to Consider:

By your description, it comes down to multitasking. So, for staters, here are some specs to consider:

• Quad Core Processor
  • 16GB of RAM
  • 15" screen
  • 32-bit compatible

Aug 24, 2021 2:28 AM in response to Gooka

I would recommend waiting for the new Macbook Pro to come out, likely with a new addition of the M1 chip.

TheLittles wrote:

What to Consider:
By your description, it comes down to multitasking. So, for staters, here are some specs to consider:
Quad Core Processor
16GB of RAM
15" screen
32-bit compatible

I think the specs he specified are pretty good, if she needs anything more powerful, there will most probably be an option to upgrade the ram on the new MBP.

Aug 24, 2021 7:21 AM in response to Gooka

She needs to talk with the Engineering School and get their recommendation. She needs to be 100% compatible with the course of study processing requirements, fellow students, professors, and the school's IT support staff. She will have to participate in many projects and it will not go well for her if her computer does not meet the requirements of the school.

Recommendation for a new Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.