Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lossless Audio via Apple TV 4K

Hi, I want to listen to my Apple music collection in lossless format so I have spent the last couple of weeks updating my iPad, iPhone & Macbook Pro to the latest OS version and enabled lossless in the settings. All working well.

However, I also want to play lossless via the Music app on my Apple TV4K connected to an AV amp (via HDMI cable), which is my main listening source for music in my house. I have followed the instructions in the support article to go to settings > app > Audio but there is no option to enable lossless.

I am running tvOS 14.7 (18M60).

Can somebody please help as I would really like to listen in this format? Thanks.

Posted on Aug 24, 2021 2:23 AM

4 replies

Aug 24, 2021 8:16 PM in response to kev_kgb

If you have the 4K model Apple TV (A1842 or A2169), and its software is up-to-date, and there is an HDMI connection directly to an AV receiver, then I think you should have more options.

Possibly there is a regional roll-out, where not all countries get this type of content at the same time? Idk, just a guess. What is your country?

For additional assistance, please contact Apple Support.

Lossless Audio via Apple TV 4K

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.