Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How change currency sign from US$ to only $ (Not Region in US)

When I change number cell to currency it shows as US$, it take much space and is dizzied.

Many suggest changing Region to US (My default set is Thailand) but

1. Yes, It shows US$ as $ but not for Thai Baht still show THB not ฿
  2. It makes more mass up for me like
    • Phone number format in Contact change
    • Calendar holiday default change to United States

Any suggestions to change or custom Currency sign format by still use my default Region (Thailand)

Cheers,

My Numbers version 11.1 (7031.0.102)

Posted on Aug 24, 2021 4:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2021 5:15 AM

You can create your own custom formats. Here is one for US Dollar using "accounting style". I don't like negative signs when using currency, they are easily overlooked.

The $ symbol is not the one of the tokens from below, it is a typed in $.

The -- is the space token, set to "flexible"

If you do not want accounting style, don't create rule 1 and remove the space from the default format.

For Thai Baht, make another of these but replace the $ with ฿

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2021 5:15 AM in response to kubphom

You can create your own custom formats. Here is one for US Dollar using "accounting style". I don't like negative signs when using currency, they are easily overlooked.

The $ symbol is not the one of the tokens from below, it is a typed in $.

The -- is the space token, set to "flexible"

If you do not want accounting style, don't create rule 1 and remove the space from the default format.

For Thai Baht, make another of these but replace the $ with ฿

Aug 24, 2021 8:48 AM in response to kubphom

Start a new blank document, make your custom formats in it (see below), save it as a template, and use that template for new documents (set it as the template to use for new documents in Numbers/Preferences).

You can copy a formatted cell from your current document and paste it into the blank document to transfer the format to it. And, if in the future you create a document using some other template, you can do the same thing to get the format into that document if you need it.

How change currency sign from US$ to only $ (Not Region in US)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.