Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I listen to Soundcloud on my Apple watch without my phone?

Posted on Aug 24, 2021 4:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2021 3:55 AM

Yes, but you’ll need a third-party app such as DaftCloud. This is a paid app. You can downloaded it from the App Store app on your Apple Watch. Press the Digital Crown, then tap App Store. Tap the search bar. Tap the microphone icon and say, "Daft cloud". Tap Done. Continue with the purchase.

Open the app. Tap Sign in with your SoundCloud Account. The site for soundcloud.com will open. You won’t be able to sign-in to SoundCloud with email and a password. You’ll have to use Google’s, Facebook’s or Apple’s sign-in service. The service you select should be the same one you use if you already have a SoundCloud account. Scroll if necessary to view the service options. For example, using Apple’s, tap "Sign in with Apple". This part is a bit finicky. Double-tap the screen below the Apple ID header to zoom in, then scroll with your finger. Double-tap to zoom out. Continue scrolling with your finger and tap the Apple ID text field. On the screen that opens, scroll down and tap your Apple ID. Enter the lock code for Apple Watch. Tap OK. Tap the continue arrow and wait for the password field to self-populate. Tap the continue arrow.

If using two-factor authentication, scroll down and tap Allow. Note the Apple ID verification code. Scroll down and tap OK. For each of the digits, tap the input box, tap the appropriate digit in the keypad that opens and tap OK. Next is the most frustrating part, trying to scroll down far enough to tap Not Now, Do not trust, or Trust on the "Trust this browser?" screen. You’ll just have to fiddle with it and make multiple attempts. When you succeed it feels more like luck than anything else. Not an ideal user experience. Once you manage to tap an option, tap Continue on the next screen. Tap your saved user account to start using the app. Once you've signed into your SoundCloud account, it will be saved and you won't need to do it again unless you want to set up another account.

DaftCloud in use:

Except for the substandard issues with using the mini browser to sign-in, in my brief use of the app I've not experienced any notable issues. Listening to SoundCloud over cellular seems to work fine.

Apple Watch Series 6 (GPS + Cellular), watchOS 7.6.1

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2021 3:55 AM in response to LeeC1988

Yes, but you’ll need a third-party app such as DaftCloud. This is a paid app. You can downloaded it from the App Store app on your Apple Watch. Press the Digital Crown, then tap App Store. Tap the search bar. Tap the microphone icon and say, "Daft cloud". Tap Done. Continue with the purchase.

Open the app. Tap Sign in with your SoundCloud Account. The site for soundcloud.com will open. You won’t be able to sign-in to SoundCloud with email and a password. You’ll have to use Google’s, Facebook’s or Apple’s sign-in service. The service you select should be the same one you use if you already have a SoundCloud account. Scroll if necessary to view the service options. For example, using Apple’s, tap "Sign in with Apple". This part is a bit finicky. Double-tap the screen below the Apple ID header to zoom in, then scroll with your finger. Double-tap to zoom out. Continue scrolling with your finger and tap the Apple ID text field. On the screen that opens, scroll down and tap your Apple ID. Enter the lock code for Apple Watch. Tap OK. Tap the continue arrow and wait for the password field to self-populate. Tap the continue arrow.

If using two-factor authentication, scroll down and tap Allow. Note the Apple ID verification code. Scroll down and tap OK. For each of the digits, tap the input box, tap the appropriate digit in the keypad that opens and tap OK. Next is the most frustrating part, trying to scroll down far enough to tap Not Now, Do not trust, or Trust on the "Trust this browser?" screen. You’ll just have to fiddle with it and make multiple attempts. When you succeed it feels more like luck than anything else. Not an ideal user experience. Once you manage to tap an option, tap Continue on the next screen. Tap your saved user account to start using the app. Once you've signed into your SoundCloud account, it will be saved and you won't need to do it again unless you want to set up another account.

DaftCloud in use:

Except for the substandard issues with using the mini browser to sign-in, in my brief use of the app I've not experienced any notable issues. Listening to SoundCloud over cellular seems to work fine.

Apple Watch Series 6 (GPS + Cellular), watchOS 7.6.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.