Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

phone was deleted from my find my phone app. Is that even possible?

My friend's iPhone has been stolen and when he entered the lost mode he used my number, today I got a message + my friend got emails informed that the stolen phone was found. I clicked the link through the message while my friend used 'find my phone' app to see its location, all of a sudden the phone was deleted from his list in 'find my phone' app. Is that even possible? I've lost my phone before but all of my devices are still shown in the app.

Plus, the location sent to my friend via emails is different from what I see through the link in the message. (different countries)

We are hopeless to find the phone but want to know how is this possible.

Posted on Aug 24, 2021 5:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2021 5:53 AM

Any email or text saying it is found are phishing scams. Apple does not do anything about people’s lost or stolen personal property. They are not searching for anyone’s devices and Apple will never contact anyone about a device. They don’t even know it is lost or stolen since they don’t take reports of lost or stolen devices.

If your friend respond to any such message and entered their AppleID and password, they gave those away to the scammers who then used that to sign the device out of iCloud.

Your friend needs to secure their AppleID -> If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2021 5:53 AM in response to numnarm

Any email or text saying it is found are phishing scams. Apple does not do anything about people’s lost or stolen personal property. They are not searching for anyone’s devices and Apple will never contact anyone about a device. They don’t even know it is lost or stolen since they don’t take reports of lost or stolen devices.

If your friend respond to any such message and entered their AppleID and password, they gave those away to the scammers who then used that to sign the device out of iCloud.

Your friend needs to secure their AppleID -> If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

phone was deleted from my find my phone app. Is that even possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.