Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What UPS to buy for the new iMac M1 chip

I bought the iMac but can't use because on power surges or power cuts in India. It has a power plug (bigger than the normal plug for heavier power pull) and so I am unable to find the right UPS for it. Can someone please help in guiding me?

Posted on Aug 24, 2021 6:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 8:00 AM

when i wanted one for my intel iMac, someone pointed me to Tripp-Lite. when i talked with them, they seemed pretty knowledgable about apple products. i would reach out to them. they shipped to me in Canada. but i'm unsure if they will ship to India.

3 replies

Aug 31, 2021 8:14 AM in response to ritu148

We've had best results with Tripp-Lite and APC backups. Tripp has been in the power management business for about 100 years.

As for the plug issue, you should check with a technician who understands the connector situation in India. That may be faster than waiting for someone here who knows Indian power connectors to see your question among 100s of thousands of posts.

....because on power surges or power cuts in India.

If the utilities are cutting power, understand that even the very robust and powerful consumer UPS units seldom can provide power to run a computer for more than an hour. If your outages are consistently longer than that, you need a generator.

What UPS to buy for the new iMac M1 chip

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.