Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

to upgrade or not to upgrade?

I've have mid2010 MacBook Pro and was hoping to get another year out of it before upgrading. Its been running super slow and actually is more time consuming to load anything.

I just wanted some expertise if I post my EtreCheck Report and advise if I should buy a new MacBook Pro now or wait until next year. Also any advice on which is better? Intel or M1?

I've attached the report as it's too much to paste in here.

End of report

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 24, 2021 10:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2021 10:25 AM

Stephani_B wrote:

I've have mid2010 MacBook Pro and was hoping to get another year out of it before upgrading. Its been running super slow and actually is more time consuming to load anything.

I just wanted some expertise if I post my EtreCheck Report and advise if I should buy a new MacBook Pro now or wait until next year. Also any advice on which is better? Intel or M1?

<Etre Report.log>

End of report

You do not have to go any further than this line

< Failing hard drive - This computer has a hard drive that appears to be failing.>

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2021 10:25 AM in response to Stephani_B

Stephani_B wrote:

<Etre Report.log>

End of report

You do not have to go any further than this line

< Failing hard drive - This computer has a hard drive that appears to be failing.>

to upgrade or not to upgrade?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.