Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple pencil stopped working even when connected

I have had my 10.5-inch 2017 iPad Pro for four years. I have had my Apple Pencil 1 for about 8 months. It has always worked perfectly up until a couple of days ago. It shows that it is connected to bluetooth and that it has a full charge, but nothing happens when I use it on the screen. When the problem first started, pushing the sleep button and then waking up my iPad again seemed to help, but now, that doesn't seem to be working anymore. It will occasionally start writing again for a couple seconds before it stops working again. I have tried forgetting and repairing the pencil, rebooting my iPad, and updating my iPad's software; nothing works. I am a student and really need my pencil so I'm hoping someone can help. Thank you!

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 24, 2021 12:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2021 1:54 PM

Check the tip of the Apple Pencil. Ensure that it is not loose and is still connected well to the Pencil's body.

Other than that, it appears that you performed the basic troubleshooting steps that you can. If you have some time then have the Apple Pencil examined at the Apple Store or at an Authorized Service Center. If you Purchased the Apple Pencil less than a year ago then it may still be covered under Apple's 1YR limited warranty.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2021 1:54 PM in response to appleuser0818

Check the tip of the Apple Pencil. Ensure that it is not loose and is still connected well to the Pencil's body.

Other than that, it appears that you performed the basic troubleshooting steps that you can. If you have some time then have the Apple Pencil examined at the Apple Store or at an Authorized Service Center. If you Purchased the Apple Pencil less than a year ago then it may still be covered under Apple's 1YR limited warranty.

Axel F.

Apple pencil stopped working even when connected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.