Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple pencil not working

Ive got an iPad pro and until nos the apple pencil was working flawlessly. Suddenly, it’s not showing being connected to iPad, tried to restart, nothing happens. Actually, it does ‘recognize’ the pencil (as at the top of picture I’m pasting here) but when I go to Bluetooth section it simply refuses to connect it. It’s being charged for hours now, so that wont solve the issue (all the advices I found online say you either ought to restart device or let it charge - but this doesn’t work as mentioned). Please help - many thanks in advance.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 4:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2021 2:55 AM

Having forgotten the Pencil, detach it from the iPad - force restart the iPad - and then attempt to re-pair.

To force-restart the iPad - press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2021 2:55 AM in response to Georgije

Having forgotten the Pencil, detach it from the iPad - force restart the iPad - and then attempt to re-pair.

To force-restart the iPad - press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

apple pencil not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.