Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pencil 2nd Generation stopped connecting

My Apple Pencil won’t connect anymore, I used it for a year and a half perfectly fine. One day I was using it and it stopped working. I figured it had died so I tried to charge it but it wouldn’t pair and show that it was charging. When I connect it to the iPad, it registers that it is there but will not connect to it. The small bubble appears at the top of the screen saying the Apple Pencil is there but it never pairs? I’ve tried restarting the iPad, I’ve messed with the Bluetooth and it still won’t connect. At this point I’m not even sure if the problem is with the iPad or the Pencil. Anyone have any ideas on what’s going on?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 6:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 7:18 PM

anna_02_ Said:

"Apple Pencil 2nd Generation stopped connecting: [...]hen I connect it to the iPad, it registers that it is there but will not connect to it. The small bubble appears at the top of the screen saying the Apple Pencil is there but it never pairs?[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting Apple Pencils:

Use these Links:

Syncing is off, or perhaps it is no longer being seen as a trusted device. So, refer to the following...

Verify Compatibility: of your iPad and Apple Pencil

View: If your Apple Pencil won't pair with your iPad

Make Sure: that Bluetooth is enabled

Be Certain: there is power to your Apple Pencil

Successfully Pair: and charge your 2nd Generation Apple Pencil

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2021 7:18 PM in response to anna_02_

anna_02_ Said:

"Apple Pencil 2nd Generation stopped connecting: [...]hen I connect it to the iPad, it registers that it is there but will not connect to it. The small bubble appears at the top of the screen saying the Apple Pencil is there but it never pairs?[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting Apple Pencils:

Use these Links:

Syncing is off, or perhaps it is no longer being seen as a trusted device. So, refer to the following...

Verify Compatibility: of your iPad and Apple Pencil

View: If your Apple Pencil won't pair with your iPad

Make Sure: that Bluetooth is enabled

Be Certain: there is power to your Apple Pencil

Successfully Pair: and charge your 2nd Generation Apple Pencil

Apple Pencil 2nd Generation stopped connecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.