Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I need a SIM card to do it

It it’s said SIM card not supported when I try to login to my Apple ID when restarted my phone

iPhone 7

Posted on Aug 24, 2021 12:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2021 1:16 PM

You don't need a a SIM card to log into your Apple ID.

But you will need a working and supported SIM card if you want to make and receive calls and send and receive messages.

If the iPhone was modified by a 3rd party to remove the carrier lock and you restored it to factory settings, then it will be locked again to its original carrier. Only the carrier that it is locked to can permanently unlock it. Other unlocks will be undone when you restore the iPhone or update it to a new iOS version.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2021 1:16 PM in response to Andrés57

You don't need a a SIM card to log into your Apple ID.

But you will need a working and supported SIM card if you want to make and receive calls and send and receive messages.

If the iPhone was modified by a 3rd party to remove the carrier lock and you restored it to factory settings, then it will be locked again to its original carrier. Only the carrier that it is locked to can permanently unlock it. Other unlocks will be undone when you restore the iPhone or update it to a new iOS version.

Do I need a SIM card to do it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.