Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automatically send my iPhone photos to my iMac

Previously, whenever I took a photo with my iPhone, it would automatically be transferred to my iMac Photos. This capability seems to have disappeared, possibly with the latest OS updates. How do I reset these capabilities on my iPhone and iMac?

(Right now, I send the photos as messages to myself and then drag them into Photos' Imports.)

Posted on Aug 24, 2021 4:36 PM

5 replies

Aug 28, 2021 1:22 PM in response to FredS101

FredS101 wrote:

(2) What I prefer and what I believe I previously had installed was that photos from my iPhone would be transferred directly to my iMac and would not be stored in the iCloud (i.e., just use the iCloud, perhaps, as a transfer mechanism). Was this or is it still possible?

If you want that, you need to have iCloud Photos turned OFF on your iPhone. See the information in My Photo Stream - Apple Support including the following:

If you turn on both My Photo Stream and iCloud Photos on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, photos that you take with that device upload to both iCloud Photos and My Photo Stream.

Also note that Photo Stream only affects new photos taken after you turn it on.

Aug 27, 2021 4:48 PM in response to FoxFifth

Hi FoxFifth,

(1) I had tried all that before and I tried it again. Still didn't work. Any further suggestions?

(2) What I prefer and what I believe I previously had installed was that photos from my iPhone would be transferred directly to my iMac and would not be stored in the iCloud (i.e., just use the iCloud, perhaps, as a transfer mechanism). Was this or is it still possible?

Thanks again.

FredS101

Aug 28, 2021 12:41 PM in response to FoxFifth

Hello Again FoxFifth,

Thanks for your attempts to find a solution, but this ranging far afield.

iCloud is turned on everywhere. The simple fact is that everything was working and now it's not. Maybe, there are some subtle settings that I'm missing or there is a conflict that I can't find. I noticed previously that one of the OS upgrades scrambled my external communication settings. Perhaps, I don't have them all properly reset.

Thanks again. I'll soldier on.

Best regards,

FredS101

Automatically send my iPhone photos to my iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.