Related Article: If you see No Service, Searching, or SOS on your iPhone or iPad

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

“No SIM installed or “SIM Failure” messages

Is anyone else getting the message that there is no SIM installed multiple times a day on their iPhone 12 Pro Max?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 24, 2021 5:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2021 6:37 PM

No I do not get those messages on my iPhone 12 Pro Max.

Try removing and reinstalling the SIM card in your iPhone. If the issue persists then have your carrier change out the SIM card.

I noticed that you are using iOS Version 15 BETA. The SIM behavior and notifications may very well be related to the BETA version. Just wanted to let you know.

Axel F.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2021 6:37 PM in response to DJ_FAERIDUST

No I do not get those messages on my iPhone 12 Pro Max.

Try removing and reinstalling the SIM card in your iPhone. If the issue persists then have your carrier change out the SIM card.

I noticed that you are using iOS Version 15 BETA. The SIM behavior and notifications may very well be related to the BETA version. Just wanted to let you know.

Axel F.

Aug 29, 2021 9:56 PM in response to DSTDean

Hi DSTDean,

Thanks for responding to my post. I don’t know anything about iPads except they run their own OS which is different from the iOS that runs iPhones. The problem I’m having has only started since I began running Public Beta versions of iOS 15 which is the new iPhone OS that will be released in a few weeks. There may be some connection between what is happening with your wife’s iPad and my iPhone 12 Pro Max but I really can’t say for sure. I’ll be upgrading to the iPhone 13 Pro Max for sure and hopefully this really weird behaviour won’t still be happening with a new IPhone. I’ll be using the SIM from my 12 Pro Max in my new 13 Pro Max and if the problem happens still I’ll be asking my cell company for a new SIM! I hope your wife soon solves what is happening with her iPad, the problem I’m having is driving me crazy… Regards, Thorvald (aka dj.faeridust) :-))

Sep 30, 2021 11:08 AM in response to Diplolongard

The problem has now gone away because I’m using the eSIM on my new iPhone 13 Pro Max 256 GB (Sierra Blue). The problem with a no SIM installed message frequently appearing on the screen was happening on an iPhone 12 Pro Max (which I loved…). My cell provider couldn’t explain the problem with my previous iPhone and it was they suggested using the eSIM when I received my 13 Pro Max. Setting up the eSIM on my new 13 Pro Max couldn’t have been easier! I’d definitely recommend anyone with an iPhone that comes with eSIM capability to consider switching over to it (it looks like one day all cellphones will only come with eSIMS, probably dual eSIMS…). Peace & Love, Thorvald

“No SIM installed or “SIM Failure” messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.