Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use airdrop to send phots from my Mac mini to an iPhone with a long distance phone number in the same room

Can I use airdrop to send photos from my Mac mini to an iPhone (with a long distance phone number) that's in the same room?

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 1:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 2:36 AM

AirDrop uses Wi-Fi and Bluetooth between compatible devices. The long-distance phone number of the iPhone is irrelevant. The iPhone Wi-Fi hot-spot must be turned off, Wi-Fi/Bluetooth on, and the iPhone must be running iOS 7 or later within 30 feet of your mini.

The details are noted in Apple's article: Use AirDrop on your Mac to send files to devices near you.

Select the appropriate operating system version on that web page.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2021 2:36 AM in response to Gerry Harrison

AirDrop uses Wi-Fi and Bluetooth between compatible devices. The long-distance phone number of the iPhone is irrelevant. The iPhone Wi-Fi hot-spot must be turned off, Wi-Fi/Bluetooth on, and the iPhone must be running iOS 7 or later within 30 feet of your mini.

The details are noted in Apple's article: Use AirDrop on your Mac to send files to devices near you.

Select the appropriate operating system version on that web page.

Can I use airdrop to send phots from my Mac mini to an iPhone with a long distance phone number in the same room

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.