Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac (probably 2009-2013) 27" screen goes from white to black when boot up

I tried to fix up a boot problem where iMac stopped to load (loading bar stopped to move). First I booted to safemode to fix the bootdisc but it didn't help, it said the disc should be fine. Then I googled little bit more and found this NVRAM reset possibility by pressin alt+command+p+r after reboot and after that I got this real problem.

Now when I start my iMac, it first gives me the chime, then white screen shows up and then it goes black or the screen goes off completely but rest of the machine keeps running. It won't even show the apple logo anymore nor the loading screen. I can't even boot to safemode anymore or atleast Im not sure because the screen goes completely black.

Any ideas what wen't wrong and how I could go back to the situation where the screen still worked? I don't think I broke it in any physical way so I think there should be some sort of a solution for this.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 4:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2021 6:33 AM

Hi iRsto,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. 

From your post, it appears that you are having an issue with your iMac starting up to a blank screen. We want to help. You can follow the steps in this article that talks about If your Mac starts up to a blank screen - Apple Support

If you need further assistance with this after following those steps, you can Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Best Regards!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2021 6:33 AM in response to iRsto

Hi iRsto,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. 

From your post, it appears that you are having an issue with your iMac starting up to a blank screen. We want to help. You can follow the steps in this article that talks about If your Mac starts up to a blank screen - Apple Support

If you need further assistance with this after following those steps, you can Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Best Regards!

iMac (probably 2009-2013) 27" screen goes from white to black when boot up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.