Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows iClouds-passwords not retrieving passwords

A few days ago I installed the new Windows app iCloud-passwords. Immediately after installation, this app showed my passwords. However, after adding a new password, my passwords were no longer shown. Reinstalling the app does not solve the problem.

Does anyone know a solution for this problem? Thank you in advance.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 4:40 AM

3 replies

Aug 26, 2021 6:23 AM in response to Jonge277

Hello Jonge277.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand the Windows app to manage iCloud passwords isn't working properly for you. Let's walk through some steps to help resolve the issue.

Did you make sure to sign in with your account information? Look at the helpful guide here:

Manage iCloud passwords on your Windows computer

Open the iCloud Passwords app and sign in

You need to sign in to the iCloud Passwords app in order to view your passwords. You also need to sign in again after a period of inactivity.

1. Choose Start menu > iCloud Passwords.
  2. Click Sign In, then sign in with your Windows Hello.

You may need to check with the Windows documentation about setting it up:

Learn about Windows Hello and set it up

We look forward to hearing how these steps go for you.

Take care.

Aug 26, 2021 11:03 AM in response to Soosie_J215

Thank you in advance for helping me to solve this problem.

I followed the steps as you described during the initial installation. I was able to use the app for about an hour. After adding some new passwords, all my passwords disappeared. All my passwords are still available on my iOS devices.

I did a reinstall of iCloud for Windows but that doesn't fix the problem. After logging in with Windows Hello, the app shows a spinning wheel and my passwords are not loaded.

Aug 27, 2021 1:46 PM in response to Jonge277

Thanks for your response Jonge277.

We appreciate the additional information from your test with the app. Since your passwords have still gone missing from the app, we'd like to have you connect with our support teams for additional troubleshooting.

You can reach them through this link:

Get Support - Apple

Or find the direct phone number to our support for your region here:

Contact Apple for support and service

Have a good day.

Windows iClouds-passwords not retrieving passwords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.