Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calibrate Mac Battery

Hi,

do I need to calibrate my mac battery every month? is it good?

I will appreciate it if you explain how to calibrate the battery.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 5:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 8:24 AM

Apple stopped recommending battery calibration when they transitioned to "built-in" batteries about 2009. In fact, the main factor in calibration, running the battery to zero, is a leading cause of premature battery failures if done regularly as you describe.

Note that the information on the NewerTech site is for NewerTech aftermarket batteries, not the batteries Apple installs.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2021 8:24 AM in response to mahlahsn

Apple stopped recommending battery calibration when they transitioned to "built-in" batteries about 2009. In fact, the main factor in calibration, running the battery to zero, is a leading cause of premature battery failures if done regularly as you describe.

Note that the information on the NewerTech site is for NewerTech aftermarket batteries, not the batteries Apple installs.

Aug 25, 2021 7:22 AM in response to mahlahsn

Apple batteries no longer need calibration.

Charge it fully when you get it, preferably overnight.

Then run on power adapter when power is available, and just use the battery power when you need it.

You can connect it to the power adapter essentially permanently if you wish, with no ill effects. No special periodic procedures are required.

Calibrate Mac Battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.