You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I update Safari on iMac -

There are no updates available for my computer, and various websites are indicating Safari no longer works. This article is useless because it tells me to update an OS, when no OS update exists. What am I missing?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 7:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 7:43 AM

Back up your data, check your applications for compatibility, and depending on which iMac model you have, click on High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina, or Big Sur. They're full-version upgrades and won't appear in the Updates list.

Alternatively, switch to a product such as Firefox.

(203757)

3 replies

Aug 25, 2021 11:23 AM in response to DarrenPA

I think I can help you. It is important to understand the difference between updates and upgrades. An update is is when we install a newer version of the same operating system. It will be found in the System Preferences by clicking the Software Update button. If you already have the latest version installed, you will be notified that no update is available. An upgrade is when you install a newer operating system such as upgrading from Catalina to Big Sur. What you can install is dependent on the year and model Mac you have. Upgrades may be found in the Apple App Store. Or you can click on the links below. You should only use Safari for these downloads, never Firefox.I hope this information is helpful in clearing up any confusion.

Some upgrade links: High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina, or Big Sur.

How do I update Safari on iMac -

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.