Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

get iphone texts on PC

How do I get iphone texts on PC ?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 9:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2021 11:37 AM

You didn't see this when you clicked on the Microsoft link:

Send and receive text messages from your PC

Your Phone app  Windows 10

Sending a message

If you haven't already set up messages, learn howTo send a new message from your PC:

1. On your PC, in the Your Phone app, select Messages.
  2. To start a new conversation, select New message.
  3. Enter the name or phone number of a contact.
  4. Select the person you want to send a message to. A new message thread opens for you to begin with.

If you encounter issues while using messages, our troubleshooting tips may help.

Adding media to your conversations

Below the message box are three buttons to help you insert content into your message. The emoji button and the GIF button open menus where you can quickly search for what you want. 

The Image button also opens a menu where you can select from recent photos on your Android device. The menu also has an option for inserting an image from your PC.

To add a picture from your PC to a message:

1. Below the message box, select the Image   button.
  2. Select Browse this PC.
  3. Navigate to the folder that contains your picture.
  4. Select the picture, then click Open.

If you have a photo on your Android device that isn't among the most recent, you can still insert it in a message. 

1. In the Your Phone app, switch to Photos.
  2. In the Photos gallery, locate the image you want, right-click it, and select Save as to save it to your PC.
  3. Follow the procedure above to add the picture from your PC to a message.

Am I limited to text messages or does it work with MMS too?

The Your Phone app supports messages sent by Short Message Service (SMS). It also supports Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) messaging. You can still send your favorite photos and GIFs from your PC. 

RCS messaging is also available for select Samsung devices. More info about RCS messaging can be found here

How many messages can I see?

To minimize network bandwidth and maximize performance, we show text messages that you've received or sent within the last 30 days.

Can I manage or delete my messages?

You can't manage or delete messages on your PC.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2021 11:37 AM in response to sk_the_best

You didn't see this when you clicked on the Microsoft link:

Send and receive text messages from your PC

Your Phone app  Windows 10

Sending a message

If you haven't already set up messages, learn howTo send a new message from your PC:

1. On your PC, in the Your Phone app, select Messages.
  2. To start a new conversation, select New message.
  3. Enter the name or phone number of a contact.
  4. Select the person you want to send a message to. A new message thread opens for you to begin with.

If you encounter issues while using messages, our troubleshooting tips may help.

Adding media to your conversations

Below the message box are three buttons to help you insert content into your message. The emoji button and the GIF button open menus where you can quickly search for what you want. 

The Image button also opens a menu where you can select from recent photos on your Android device. The menu also has an option for inserting an image from your PC.

To add a picture from your PC to a message:

1. Below the message box, select the Image   button.
  2. Select Browse this PC.
  3. Navigate to the folder that contains your picture.
  4. Select the picture, then click Open.

If you have a photo on your Android device that isn't among the most recent, you can still insert it in a message. 

1. In the Your Phone app, switch to Photos.
  2. In the Photos gallery, locate the image you want, right-click it, and select Save as to save it to your PC.
  3. Follow the procedure above to add the picture from your PC to a message.

Am I limited to text messages or does it work with MMS too?

The Your Phone app supports messages sent by Short Message Service (SMS). It also supports Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) messaging. You can still send your favorite photos and GIFs from your PC. 

RCS messaging is also available for select Samsung devices. More info about RCS messaging can be found here

How many messages can I see?

To minimize network bandwidth and maximize performance, we show text messages that you've received or sent within the last 30 days.

Can I manage or delete my messages?

You can't manage or delete messages on your PC.

Aug 26, 2021 8:12 AM in response to sk_the_best

Hello sk_the_best,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, you'd like to get your iPhone text messages to your PC. We'll do our best to assist.

It appears you can set up text messages to go through to your PC using these Microsoft steps: Send and receive text messages from your PC

Currently, you can also receive iMessages through iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, and Mac: Use iMessage apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

However, there isn't a way to receive iMessages through to a PC, at this time.

If you were hoping to set up iMessage for PC, then we'd suggest to provide Apple with some direct feedback on that here: Product Feedback

Wishing you the best, cheers.

get iphone texts on PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.