Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove all my photos from my MacBook Air to free up space but keep them all on my phone

How do I remove all my photos from my MacBook Air to free up space but keep them all on my phone?

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 9:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 10:52 AM

Hi, you can transfer them to iCloud and optimize your mac storage. This way only smaller version of your photos will be saved on your mac and full hd will be backed up on your icloud and can he viewed from any of your devices.

1. Make sure your Mac is connected to a Wi-Fi network
  2. Launch the Photos application and click on Photos in the top left corner
  3. Click on Preferences…
  4. Click on the iCloud tab
  5. Click on the check box next to iCloud Photo Library
  6. Do not click on Download Originals to this Mac, instead select Optimize Mac Storage.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2021 10:52 AM in response to laurenreho

Hi, you can transfer them to iCloud and optimize your mac storage. This way only smaller version of your photos will be saved on your mac and full hd will be backed up on your icloud and can he viewed from any of your devices.

1. Make sure your Mac is connected to a Wi-Fi network
  2. Launch the Photos application and click on Photos in the top left corner
  3. Click on Preferences…
  4. Click on the iCloud tab
  5. Click on the check box next to iCloud Photo Library
  6. Do not click on Download Originals to this Mac, instead select Optimize Mac Storage.

How do I remove all my photos from my MacBook Air to free up space but keep them all on my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.