Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my battery runs out very fast and I dont know what to do. Help

I just got my MacBook Air last September and the battery runs out super fast. I am a college student and I use my laptop everyday and I dont know what to do. Can anyone help me with this?

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 3:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 8:20 PM

Hi,

If your MacBook Air has Intel Processor, resetting SMC could solve the issue, though if it has M1 Processor, you might be using Intel native applications a lot which eat up battery since it needs to translate into ARM native codes by Rosetta2.

Or it's a problem with your particular device, try to check with Apple Diagnostics if it reports something related battery.

How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

Apple Diagnostics reference codes - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2021 8:20 PM in response to shelbyparamore1

Hi,

If your MacBook Air has Intel Processor, resetting SMC could solve the issue, though if it has M1 Processor, you might be using Intel native applications a lot which eat up battery since it needs to translate into ARM native codes by Rosetta2.

Or it's a problem with your particular device, try to check with Apple Diagnostics if it reports something related battery.

How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

Apple Diagnostics reference codes - Apple Support

my battery runs out very fast and I dont know what to do. Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.