Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding music to apple music via iTunes on my PC

Hi!

My sister wants to add music to her apple music on her iPhone, by copying all files at once via iTunes from the windows PC (instead of just adding one by one on the app). Before we had the family apple music account I used this method, and when we created the family account my music remained on my iPhone. Now that we have an apple music account we can't transfer the songs to the iPhone from the PC.

Is this related to one another or we just don't remember how to do that correctly?

Thank you!!

P.S. English isn't my native language so sorry for any misspells.

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 4:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 8:16 PM

If you subscribe to Apple Music or iTunes Match, you can’t use iTunes to sync music to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. See the 'On your PC with iTunes for Windows' section in:

Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support

"If you have a large music library, it might take some time to upload and sync your music library across all of your devices."

You should still be able to add music to your iTunes library and then it will automatically be uploaded to the cloud which you will be able to see on all your devices that have Sync Library enabled.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2021 8:16 PM in response to Rotem227

If you subscribe to Apple Music or iTunes Match, you can’t use iTunes to sync music to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. See the 'On your PC with iTunes for Windows' section in:

Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support

"If you have a large music library, it might take some time to upload and sync your music library across all of your devices."

You should still be able to add music to your iTunes library and then it will automatically be uploaded to the cloud which you will be able to see on all your devices that have Sync Library enabled.

Adding music to apple music via iTunes on my PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.