Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple deleted a note right out from under me

I had a note that had been existing in the notes app on my phone for about two weeks and was using it for reference.

When I tried to access it on my computer, I had the note open on my phone and clicked on the notes app in the toolbar because it popped up since my phone and mac are connected and it shows the apps I have open on the phone to be opened on the mac.

When I clicked the notes app, I had to click through the usual introduction of "brand new stuff" from the update that had happened recently. When I clicked through, though, the note was not on the application on my mac. So I looked to my phone to try and reference it from my phone, but the note was also suddenly gone. I literally look away for a second and it suddenly doesn't exist.

It's not in my deleted notes folder. It's not searchable using key words I knew for a fact were in said note and it's nowhere to be found.

I'm a little peeved. Any tips on how to get it back? It had some personal quotes that I would be using for the paper it was a reference for.

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 5:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 5:47 PM

collette136 Said:

"Apple deleted a note right out from under me: It's not in my deleted notes folder. It's not searchable using key words I knew for a fact were in said note and it's nowhere to be found.[...]"

-------

View the Following:

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2021 5:47 PM in response to collette136

collette136 Said:

"Apple deleted a note right out from under me: It's not in my deleted notes folder. It's not searchable using key words I knew for a fact were in said note and it's nowhere to be found.[...]"

-------

View the Following:

Aug 25, 2021 6:52 PM in response to collette136

collette136 Said:

"Apple deleted a note right out from under me: vSadly, neither of these help because I never deleted the note. It just stopped existing and there's no evidence of it anywhere despite having had it open on my phone before trying to open it through my mac. I'm wondering if some sort of strange glitch happened because I've been searching for a while for answers and none of the fixes are working."

-------

Report this Glitch to Apple:

Do your Part: These seems like a glitch in the iOS software. So, provide Apple with feedback on this.  Apple wont get back to you directly, but the more they hear of this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be included in updates to come.

To Provide Feedback:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on what when you came across this issue, and how you have troubleshot it thus far. Include this threes' URL (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253082836) in the comment.
  4. Proceed form there as necessary

Aug 25, 2021 5:55 PM in response to TheLittles

Sadly, neither of these help because I never deleted the note. It just stopped existing and there's no evidence of it anywhere despite having had it open on my phone before trying to open it through my mac. I'm wondering if some sort of strange glitch happened because I've been searching for a while for answers and none of the fixes are working.

Aug 25, 2021 6:57 PM in response to collette136

collette136 wrote:

Sadly, neither of these help because I never deleted the note. It just stopped existing and there's no evidence of it anywhere despite having had it open on my phone before trying to open it through my mac. I'm wondering if some sort of strange glitch happened because I've been searching for a while for answers and none of the fixes are working.

Yeah. Big issue.

Apple deleted a note right out from under me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.