Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t Share my Calendar

Hello,

I’m having trouble sharing a calendar that I just created with my husband who also has an iPhone. Within the Apple Calendar app, i created a new calendar, and then I went back in by click the little i with a circle around it, for the info on the calendar, and clicked into “Add Person”. However, if I click on the + button to scroll through my contacts, I can’t add who i want to, a lot of my contacts are grayed out and I can only add random ones, I can’t see a pattern to which ones are not grayed out (ie, which ones I could add).

I tried making this calendar a public calendar, and then trying to add my husband, and that didn’t work. I made sure that we both had Calendar as our default calendar app, and we do. I tried doing this from her phone, and that doesn’t work (same issue).

I added him onto my iCloud plan, so we’re using family sharing iCloud plan, and that didn’t fix the issue.

Someone, PLEASE help me, I just want to have a shared calendar with my husband.

ANY help is soooo so appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 7:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 7:22 PM

I answered my own question. The contact with whom you want to share your calendar needs to have an email in the contact.

@ Apple, you should definitely either add that to your how to articles, or else not make that a requirement, because nowhere in your literature did I see that I needed an email for the person that I wanted to share my calendar with…..

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2021 7:22 PM in response to abbyxm17

I answered my own question. The contact with whom you want to share your calendar needs to have an email in the contact.

@ Apple, you should definitely either add that to your how to articles, or else not make that a requirement, because nowhere in your literature did I see that I needed an email for the person that I wanted to share my calendar with…..

Can’t Share my Calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.