Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Backup

I am planning on getting a newer iPhone and need to back up the one I am currently using to transfer it over. I pay for more iCloud storage each month but I have hit my max on it, so some things on my phone are not saved on iCloud. If I was to backup my phone on my Mac, not through iCloud backup, would things that are not currently saved on the cloud transfer on that computer backup?

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 8:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 8:45 PM

kecobb1 Said:

"Phone Backup: [...]If I was to backup my phone on my Mac, not through iCloud backup, would things that are not currently saved on the cloud transfer on that computer backup?"

-------

Using Backup:

What's already on iCloud from your computer will stay on iCloud. Then, what is left is used - and if not enough space is left for a backup file, the iPhone won't back up. So, back up your iPhone to your computer (use another computer, if not enough space), and then backup the computer itself. Once the computer is backed up, you could access this iPhone backup.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2021 8:45 PM in response to kecobb1

kecobb1 Said:

"Phone Backup: [...]If I was to backup my phone on my Mac, not through iCloud backup, would things that are not currently saved on the cloud transfer on that computer backup?"

-------

Using Backup:

What's already on iCloud from your computer will stay on iCloud. Then, what is left is used - and if not enough space is left for a backup file, the iPhone won't back up. So, back up your iPhone to your computer (use another computer, if not enough space), and then backup the computer itself. Once the computer is backed up, you could access this iPhone backup.

iPhone Backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.