Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Taking a screen shot on iPad Air 2020?

How do I use the camera to take a screen shot with the iPad Air 2020?

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 9:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 10:49 PM

merrall Said:

"Taking a screen shot on iPad Air 2020?: How do I use the camera to take a screen shot with the iPad Air 2020?"

-------

Taking an iPad Screenshot:

Lean how to do so here: Take a Screenshot on your iPad - Apple Support. How to do so depends on whether or not you have a Home Button.

3 replies

Aug 27, 2021 9:19 AM in response to merrall

merrall Said:

"The original way to take a screen shot - pressing the Start button with one hand, and the Home button with the other - was much easier to do.

———-

Give Apple Feedback:

Do your Part: What you have said in the above quote sounds like perfect feedback for Apple. So, give them feedback on this, letting them know how using an iPad suits you best, as a user of one.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPad - Apple
  2. Select: "But Report" for "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on why the previous button usage as much more efficient
  4. Proceed form there as necessary

Aug 27, 2021 7:17 AM in response to TheLittles

My problem is solved. I've used the combination of the Start button, and the Home button, for three previous iPads. But no instructions were given in the online User Guide for iPad Air 2020, for how to take a screen shot when the Home button has been taken away, Apple Support said to use the Start button together with the Volume up button. But that's not so easy to do because the buttons are close, in a corner, and small. You have to get a good hold of the iPad, with the other hand, to be able to press both those little buttons at the same time. The original way to take a screen shot - pressing the Start button with one hand, and the Home button with the other - was much easier to do.

Taking a screen shot on iPad Air 2020?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.