You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keeping the QuickTime controls on screen: How does one do this?

After I launch QuickTime Player and begin a screen recording, the controls disappear. There is no way for me to stop the recording when I'm finished. My only option to quit QuickTime Player and lose the recording altogether.

A few moments ago I was trying to figure this out and came across a conversation here to address it. However, the three answers provided were not helpful in my situation at all.

Any ideas? I'd be greatly appreciative. As I am new to my current position with a new firm, I use screen recording a lot so that I can go back afterward and watch the meeting, training session, or whatever, again and again as needed until I'm fully up to speed on whatever the recording was meant to cover.

Help?

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 26, 2021 7:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2021 8:15 AM

once you initiate a screen recording, to end it you click the "stop" button in the menubar.

EDIT: it will then be saved to the location you chose in "options" in the recording controls.

3 replies

Keeping the QuickTime controls on screen: How does one do this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.