Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backlight problem of screen

I have some brighter zones at the bottom of the screen. Does someone know how it can be solved or what is the problem? My MacBook Pro age is 2 days, it is really strange to have it.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 26, 2021 2:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2021 3:10 PM

2 days? So brand new, right? I ask it because forum ID'd your macOS as 10.15, with is almost 2 years.

Well, if it's new, it's still under warranty. Call Apple Support Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support and then book a visit to an Apple Store or Authorized for a proper check.

If older, check if your Mac is eligible to this service program 13-inch MacBook Pro Display Backlight Service Program - Apple Support.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2021 3:10 PM in response to Brkygnc

2 days? So brand new, right? I ask it because forum ID'd your macOS as 10.15, with is almost 2 years.

Well, if it's new, it's still under warranty. Call Apple Support Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support and then book a visit to an Apple Store or Authorized for a proper check.

If older, check if your Mac is eligible to this service program 13-inch MacBook Pro Display Backlight Service Program - Apple Support.

Aug 26, 2021 9:28 PM in response to Brkygnc

Better this way, so you can get it fixed/replaced under warranty.

I understand your frustration, of course, but manufacturing processes aren’t perfect for anything, right?

I got an iPhone in January that arrived already dead. Had to wait a few more days for a replacement. What to do? 🤷🏻‍♂️

But don’t worry, Apple will get things right for you!

Backlight problem of screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.