Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth not working...

I'm simply trying to connect a pair of Bluetooth ear buds to my Macbook Pro. I turn them on, the device shows up in the Bliuetooth Preferences window, I hit Connect, it tries to connect, but then stops and just says "can't connect to the device".... Well, great. Another Apple error message with absolutely no clue as to what to do about it. So like a dummy, I open the Help window, and search for something to tell me what to do when a device won't connect. Of course, the only thing that comes up is a link to whee to go if something won't connect to an iPad, iPod, or iPhone, nothing whatsoever about what to do when something wont connect to an iMac of Macbook!! Wonderful.... so now what?? I've tried turning Bluetooth on & off, the device on & off, even restarted the computer, and it still won't connect! It connects to my iMac, and to my Android phone, just not my Macbook, and ideas?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 26, 2021 9:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2021 10:14 PM

Saxman Said:

"Bluetooth not working: [...]so now what?? I've tried turning Bluetooth on & off, the device on & off, even restarted the computer, and it still won't connect! It connects to my iMac, and to my Android phone, just not my Macbook, and ideas?"

-------

Seems Bluetooth isn't Working:

So, Start Here: Use "Reset the Bluetooth module" to Fix Constant Bluetooth Disconnections - User Tip

If of No Success:

Try the following, in the order provided...

• Boot in Safe Mode:

[Hold Down: shift key, upon boot], In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait for 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting another sync.

• Try a New Admin User:

What happens when you create a new administrator user, and log int it? Do you still get this error? If not, then it is likely an error with the current user. If so, then it is likely an error with your macOS.

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. Updates), system configurations (i.e. for Ports) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Try performing each thrice. It may take sometime, being certain you have the time to perform these resets.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2021 10:14 PM in response to Saxman

Saxman Said:

"Bluetooth not working: [...]so now what?? I've tried turning Bluetooth on & off, the device on & off, even restarted the computer, and it still won't connect! It connects to my iMac, and to my Android phone, just not my Macbook, and ideas?"

-------

Seems Bluetooth isn't Working:

So, Start Here: Use "Reset the Bluetooth module" to Fix Constant Bluetooth Disconnections - User Tip

If of No Success:

Try the following, in the order provided...

• Boot in Safe Mode:

[Hold Down: shift key, upon boot], In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait for 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting another sync.

• Try a New Admin User:

What happens when you create a new administrator user, and log int it? Do you still get this error? If not, then it is likely an error with the current user. If so, then it is likely an error with your macOS.

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. Updates), system configurations (i.e. for Ports) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Try performing each thrice. It may take sometime, being certain you have the time to perform these resets.

Bluetooth not working...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.