Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does iCloud sync for users not currently logged into a device?

Does iCloud sync for users with an account on a device but are not logged in?

I have a Mac mini running as a server. I have set this up to fully sync iCloud for 3 Apple family member accounts (i.e. it is not optimising storage and downloads all files and photos etc.). This acts as a full backup. Additionally, it backs-up via Timemachine to an external drive so deleted files can be recovered.

I've been unable to verify if iCloud (i.e. files, photos etc) sync from the cloud for users not logged into the Mac mini. All my devices use the latest (non-beta) software.

Mac mini, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 27, 2021 2:57 AM

1 reply

Aug 28, 2021 7:35 AM in response to MikeWarner

Hi MikeWarner, 

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. 

From your post, it appears that you have a question about iCloud syncing for users not signed in to their Apple ID on a Mac mini, is that correct? We want to help. This article has more information about iCloud settings: Change your iCloud settings

If you look under the "On you Mac" section, you will see the options that need to be selected in order for Photos and Files to be able to sync to the Mac mini. If you want to see files and Photos, you would have to select "Photos" and "iCloud Drive" for each user.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards!

Does iCloud sync for users not currently logged into a device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.