You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I wiped my m1 macbook pro display with a damp microfibre cloth and wiped with dry microfibre but my screen when shined with a flashlight it has quite like grey smudge not the pure black anymore that it came out of the box, should I be worried?

Got this new m1 macbook pro a week ago and now I saw like a few smudges in my screen and I planned to get rid of the smudge by doing what apple says in their website, but I end up spreading the smudge but after a 5 minutes of just soft wiping it, it is almost clear again, also while I was wiping it, it got like a few lines I don't know if they are scratches but I was able to just wipe the 'scratches' off. So just to have a peace of mind, did I damage my display or like the coating of the display? Im sorry if I am asking a dumb question but I am very paranoid about my new Macbook since I am planning to use this laptop for a long time and because after I "broke" my Imac, I was heavily criticized for it that's why I'm very scared to damage this laptop.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Aug 27, 2021 4:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2021 7:30 AM

How to clean your Apple products - Apple Support

Similar questions

4 replies

I wiped my m1 macbook pro display with a damp microfibre cloth and wiped with dry microfibre but my screen when shined with a flashlight it has quite like grey smudge not the pure black anymore that it came out of the box, should I be worried?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.