Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook 16" with screen damage?

Hi all

I was thrilled to purchase the new 16" MBPs when they came out. So far I'm loving it, but the other day I noticed some specks on my screen. I investigated further after cleaning the screen and the screen appears damaged. Upon close inspection it almost looks like a chemical has adhered to the screen or damaged the glass. I can feel these little dots/specks with my nail, but they're very small. I can't seem to get them off. Given the pattern, I suspect there was something (glue?) on the palm rests or keyboard that found its way onto the screen once I closed it.

Anyone have ideas on how to remove these specs without damaging the screen? There are some streaks on the screen from the Windex which came off. There are some streaks on the screen from the cleaning product that I wiped off - the only part I'm concerned about is directly above the iPhone in the reflection..

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 4:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 6:51 PM

Unfortunately, the use of Windex may possibly cause further damage to the display. ⚠️

Click ▶︎ How to clean your Apple products.

Based on your situation, I recommend service.

Service Checklist:

Click ▶︎ Start a Service Request. ⚛️

Need more help?

Click ▶︎ Check Repair Status. 🔧

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2023 6:51 PM in response to MBP16Andy

Unfortunately, the use of Windex may possibly cause further damage to the display. ⚠️

Click ▶︎ How to clean your Apple products.

Based on your situation, I recommend service.

Service Checklist:

Click ▶︎ Start a Service Request. ⚛️

Need more help?

Click ▶︎ Check Repair Status. 🔧

MacBook 16" with screen damage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.